University of Houston-Victoria

Hurricane Harvey Information


Hurricane Harvey Student Q&A

Student Q&A


When do classes begin?
Classes will begin Monday, Sept. 11.

I am registered for face-to-face classes, but now I need to take classes online. Can I do that?

If you are a sophomore student or higher, you can take online classes.  Freshmen must take face-to-face classes in Victoria.

Are students who have not registered still able to do so?

Students can enroll in classes through Sunday, Sept. 10, and late registration will be Sept. 11-15. There will be no late registration fees assessed. The last day to drop a class or withdraw without receiving a grade will be Tuesday, Sept. 26. Upperclassmen (juniors, seniors and graduate students) can enroll themselves online through their student account. Call Admissions at 361-570-4110 if you need help navigating the online schedule and enrolling in classes. Freshmen needing to enroll should contact their Success Coach advisor.

Will the Winter Break Schedule be different from what is posted on the academic calendar?

Thanksgiving and winter break schedules will remain the same.

When will fall semester classes end?

The regular fall term, first eight-week fall session and second eight-week fall session all will end on their regularly scheduled dates.



I haven’t gotten my financial aid yet. When will I get it?
UHV will begin disbursing financial aid and refunds will start becoming available on Wednesday, Sept. 6. Not all aid will disburse on Sept 6, but all aid you have accepted will be applied to your account as soon as possible. Refunds will go to students via their refund preference selected on the BankMobile website at If you have not gotten an aid package yet or you still need to turn in financial aid documents, the UHV Financial Aid office will continue to help you and get your aid processed. Please contact Financial Aid or 361-570-4125 as soon as possible. 

I can’t pay for my books. Is there anything I can do?

Book loans are available by logging in to myUHV Self Service, and then clicking through to Student Financials, Payment Plans and then Book Loans.

How can I access the UHV Relief Fund (Harvey) and the Financial Reconsideration Appeal (FRA) Form?

All affected students can request monetary assistance through the UHV Relief Fund and/or submit a Financial Reconsideration Appeal to potentially increase their aid with just one application. This will enable UHV to connect affected students with every type of fund available. Go here to connect with more information and the application.



When is move in scheduled for the residence halls?

UHV is able to open the residence halls sooner than first expected. Move in to Jaguar Village will be from noon to 5 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 9, and will continue from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday, Sept. 10. Those unable to move in those dates should call UHV Housing at 361-485-4404. 

I am on the installment payment plan for housing and meals. When should I make my first payment?

The first payment was due Sept. 1. Please make your first payment as soon as possible. We are waiving late fees at this time.

I haven’t signed up yet for housing. How do I get a residence hall room? 

Please email Housing as soon as possible.   

Will I be credited for the time I was not able to live in my residence hall room?

You will be credited for both housing and meals. We will provide more details to students as they become available. 

Can I come to campus after the scheduled move-in day?

Yes. Late registration is scheduled for Sept. 11-15.  You still can enroll and move in during that week, but may have some classwork to make up since classes begin on Sept. 11.



Is it safe to travel to the main UHV campus in Victoria and to UHV Katy? Which route should I take?

Please consult the TXDOT map or call 800-452-9292.



I am feeling overwhelmed and anxious since Hurricane Harvey. Does UHV have any resources to help me?

The UHV Counseling Center provides free and confidential services for students. To set up an appointment, call 361-570-4135 or toll free at 1-855-848-4279. You also may email or visit the center in UHV University West, Room 132. In the Houston area, UHV partners with the University of Texas Health Science Center to provide counseling services at providers near where the student lives. To make an appointment, call 713-500-3327 or toll free at 1-800-346-3549.